2019 vs 2018 Ram 1500
Specs at a Glance
2019 RAM 1500 vs 2018 RAM 1500
Proudly Serving Pleasanton, TX
The 2018 Ram 1500 is part of the Ram generation which won two Motor Trend Truck of the Year Awards. As such, 2019 models have much to prove, and prove it they do. Retaining the best of the outgoing editions, they push far into the future with more high tech under the hood and on the dash. In this comparison, we’ll see how the 2019 model is breaking new ground.
To lighten the load by 225 pounds, Ram made many changes. The most notable are the use of high-strength aluminum for the hood, tailgate, and other features. This lighter load helps the Pentastar V6 and HEMI V8 do more with their horsepower and torque. Here are some takeaways:
- These engines have been updated with special cylinder deactivation that can be triggered at gears as low as third. In addition, there are other engine modifications to help reduce fuel use, to ensure adequate cooling, and to recapture energy during braking.
- Ram is the only truck manufacturer to offer hybrid technology for all of its trucks.
- With the V6, the system adds 90 lb-ft of torque. The HEMI V8 boast an extra 130 lb-ft of torque. These changes allow the new trucks to claim higher payloads and better tow ratings than the outgoing editions. Even the eight-speed TorqueFlite automatic has been retuned for greater efficiency.
The aerodynamic lines of the 2018 Ram also grace the sides of the 2019 editions. Yet you can tell the two aren’t the same when you look at how the grille, hood, fenders, and headlights have changed. Some notable changes in the 2019 RAM 1500 include:
- The truck stands taller, is wider and longer.
- Beds are deeper and longer whether you choose the short or long style. Cabins are bigger, too. Ram moved the pillars back, making sure that the backseats are roomy and comfortable. Like the outgoing 2018 models, there are many ways to personalize your choice. A range of trims will tempt you with luxurious leathers, ventilated seats, and other high-class amenities. Storage units are bigger and more plentiful.
- Two RamBins are in the backseat where you can create a flat load floor by folding the seats. High tech engineering changes are also represented with such features as the rotary gear selector and electronic parking brake. Every Ram truck now starts with the push of a button.
If you love entertainment, you may already know about the UConnect system.
- 2018 models have a five-inch or 8.4-inch touchscreen. You can pinch and swipe your way to the features you want. Bluetooth streaming audio is maximized by Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity.
- Safety features include a standard rearview camera and an available 360-degree camera system.
- The 2019 edition will add a new entertainment choice, a 12-inch touchscreen. Its parking features include ParkSense, the Ram system for parallel and perpendicular challenges.
When the truck is on the move, drivers can benefit from an autobrake that is ready to intervene in a forward collision crisis situation. Adaptive Cruise Control replaces the standard system with a feature that can slow, hold and go with traffic. Lane departure warnings and blind spot intervention may prevent a dangerous side swipe situation. Ram is pushing ahead of the pack with this extensive menu of safety features.
You are invited to test drive your choice of the 2018 or 2019 Ram 1500 models. Find out more about trim levels, pricing, and financing when you visit Allways Atascosa.